Asynchronous ODBC

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Wed May 31 10:09:38 CEST 2006

On 2006-05-31 04:35, Michael FIG wrote:
...deleted
> Looking at odbc.erl, everything is written in a synchronous style, so it appears the only way to use it asynchronously is to write an asynchronous wrapper for it and run the wrapper on another node so that when it blocks during each call() it doesn't block the caller of the wrapper.

imho it would be sufficient to have the wrapper in another process
(created by erlang:spawn/1). there is no need to involve another node.
please accept my apology if i have misunderstood something.

bengt
--
    EPO giudelines 1978: "If the contribution to the known art resides
    solely in a computer program then the subject matter is not