How to run distributed Erlang through a firewall?

Tony Zheng tzheng@REDACTED
Wed May 31 01:51:50 CEST 2006

Hi Chandru

I created a sys.config in my erlang installed
directory(/usr/local/erlang/bin). The sys.config file contained these
contents:

   [{kernel,[{inet_dist_listen_min, 9100},{inet_dist_listen_max,
9101}]}].

Then I started the erl command and used net_adm:names() to check the
port number of erlang node. It didn't take effect and still created a
dynamic port number by erlang. Are there any suggestions about that?
Thanks.

   $ erl -name one -config /usr/local/erlang/bin/sys
   Erlang (BEAM) emulator version 5.4.12 [source] [hipe]

   Eshell V5.4.12  (abort with ^G)
   (one@REDACTED)1> net_adm:names().
   {ok,[{"one",43178}]}

Best regards