Erlang/OTP R11B has been released

Ernie Makris ernie.makris@REDACTED
Wed May 17 17:37:25 CEST 2006

Hi Erlangers,

This is great news!

However, the linux 2.6 (FC3,4...) run_erl patch is still not there.

-0> ./run_erl tmp/ tmp "~/dev/erlang/otp_src_R11B-0/bin/erl"
run_erl [29481] Wed May 17 11:22:16 2006
Could not open pty master

openpty must be used. Is there any way to get this in. I don't mind
patching my local copy each time,
but some other people are having the same issues. My test system is a
FC4 SMP system.

Another welcome addition would be to allow the file_driver to open a
device like /dev/urandom.
I also patch my local build to allow this as well. I welcome feedback on
this. I know the file_driver is built so that
it should not block under normal circumstances and thats why device
opens are not allowed. There is a special
case in there for /dev/null, and I always add my own(in unix_efile.c)
for /dev/urandom.

Should there be a patchset system created for erlang if these types are
changes are not wanted by the erlang powers that be.To make it
convenient for people to share and test patches.

Thanks
Ernie