how to hold lists

Serge Aleynikov serge@REDACTED
Fri May 12 13:45:28 CEST 2006

Looks like Thomas' advice was well suited for this problem:

day(monday)    -> {weekday, 1};
day(tuesday)   -> {weekday, 2};
day(saturday)  -> {weekend, 6};  % or is it 20 in your case?
day(sunday)    -> {weekend, 7}.

is_weekday(D)  -> element(1, day(D)) == weekend.
day_of_week(D) -> element(2, day(D)).

This should indeed be faster than working with lists.

Serge