New version of Erlsom - XSD support for Erlang

Willem de Jong w.a.de.jong@REDACTED
Tue May 9 23:00:28 CEST 2006

Hello All,

I have uploaded a new version of Erlsom to sourceforge.

Erlsom is a set of functions that allow you to use XSDs in Erlang. You
'compile' an XSD and after that you can parse (and write) XML
documents that are based on the schema. The tool will validate the
XML, but, more importantly, it will also translate it to a structure
(consisting of records) that corresponds to the types specified in the
XSD. This makes processing of the results very convenient.

I fixed quite a few bugs, and I tried to make sure that it handles
errors in the schema or XML a bit better. And I added support for some
additional XSD/XML features, such as:
- 'all'
- 'import'
- 'extends'
- utf-8 and utf-16 encoding

I also added a function to generate definitions for the records.

Interestingly, as far as I can make out, erlsom (doing validation
against a pre-compiled schema) is 3-5 times as fast as xmerl (without
any validation).

The source code and some documentation can easily be downloaded from
sourceforge. Just go to http://www.sourceforge.org/projects/erlsom and
click on the 'download' button.

Regards,
Willem