hipe segmentation fault

Mikael Pettersson mikpe@REDACTED
Sat May 6 19:13:35 CEST 2006

On Sat, 06 May 2006 12:19:06 -0400, Serge Aleynikov wrote:
>Your explanation makes perfect sense indeed, and in search for the
>answer, I did find that HAVE_MMAP was *not* set by configure on this
>machine.
>
>What is see is that if I try to do:
>
>$ rm -fr otp_src_R10B-10
>$ tar xzf otp_src_R10B-10.tar.gz
>$ cd otp_src_R10B-10
>$ ./configure --enable-threads | grep mmap
>checking for working mmap... yes

That's what users are supposed to do, and it clearly works.

>so mmap gets defined fine.  However, if I run autoconf-2.13 in erts,
>mmap doesn't get found:
>
>$ rm -fr otp_src_R10B-10
>$ tar xzf otp_src_R10B-10.tar.gz
>$ cd otp_src_R10B-10/erts
>$ autoconf-2.13
>$ cd ..
>$ ./configure --enable-threads | grep mmap
>checking for working mmap... no
>
>However, when autoconf is being used instead of autoconf-2.13 in the
>case above, mmap gets found all right.
>
>Anyone has any idea why?

My guess is that the OTP team's autoconf-2.13 is different somehow
from the autoconf-2.13 .rpm in Fedora.

Why are you regenerating erts/configure? Do you have local
modifications to erts/configure.in?

If you add the "#include <sys/mman.h>" to hipe_x86.c as I
described, does the system then build OK, or do other things
still break because of the missing HAVE_MMAP?

/Mikael