Setting the node name after startup.

Deryk Barker dbarker@REDACTED
Fri May 5 19:28:01 CEST 2006

Hi,
 I'm pretty new to erlang but becoming increasingly keen. I am
currently trying to use it (at a very elementray level) in our network
programming course.

The problem is our lab installation (windows...) is so tightly locked
down that it is rather difficult to use the command line -sname (or
-name) - and the initial working directory is on a read-inly disc (so
no beam files can be written).

The working_dir is easy to work around (file:set_cwd/1) but I have so
far been unable to figure out if it is possible to set the node name
one erl has been started.

Any assistance will be graetfully received.

--
|Deryk Barker, Computer Science Dept. | Music does not have to be understood|
|Camosun College, Victoria, BC, Canada| It has to be listened to.           |