UBF

Ryan Rawson ryanobjc@REDACTED
Thu May 4 09:14:16 CEST 2006

Ironically enough I would disagree with the statement:

"While the XML series of languages had the goal of having a human
readable format the UBF languages take the opposite view and provide a
"machine friendly" format."

I would state that XML is machine readable, and not as much human
readable.  The original specs for the XML described in great detail
how easy it was to write a parser for it.  While most people don't
think XML parsers are very simple, they are better than, say HTML or
SGML.

But again, i would say that we need more human readable formats.
That's why JSON has become so popular.

I know some people who are using JSON and Erlang, that is working out
well for them.  Why UBF?

-ryan