mnesia and large blobs

Yariv Sadan yariv@REDACTED
Mon May 1 17:57:00 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm an Erlang/Mnesia newbie considering using Erlang for a future
project. I would like to know how Mnesia's handling of large blobs
and clobs compares to other RDBMS. I found an old discussion (from
1999) about the topic at http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-
questions/199910/msg00059.html, where it was suggested that Mnesia
doesn't handle large blobs well due to the slow rebuilding of the
dets file in the event of a crash and due to the large replication
cost between nodes. Does anyone know if these issues are still
relevant? Does Mnesia now have better handling of these features than
it used to? Any insight is appreciated.

Yariv