The Computer Language Shootout

ke han ke.han@REDACTED
Sun Mar 26 12:47:52 CEST 2006

Thanks for helping clean up the code with the erlang community.  Its
clear you need to have solid experience with any language to get a
decent benchmark result.  Overall, I'm pleased with the current
result on knucleotide.  If erlang can't do much better than this
without making the code unreadable then thats a fair score.
I would like to solicit a little further input from the erlang
community that can explain why erlang still performs slower than a
few others.  The most interesting comparisons I would be interested
in are to OCaml and Java.  OCaml since it gets grouped with erlang as
functional.  Java since its a market leader and I have enough
experience with Java to better understand the rational.
Any takers?
thanks, ke han