exclude function calls

Yani Dzhurov yani.dzhurov@REDACTED
Fri Mar 24 16:07:56 CET 2006

Hi guys,

Is it possible to exclude some particular function calls in function
definition while compilation.

Here it is what I mean:

fun()->

    foo(),

    bar(),

    baz().

For example to exclude calling bar() /during compilation/, but without
removing the code..I want to be called sometimes, and sometimes not.

I've tried to do it with macros

fun()->

    foo(),

-ifdef(some_macro).

    bar(),

-endif.

    baz().

This way it would be pretty easy to modify, but it's complaining for a
syntax error. Am I somewhere wrong?

I know I could use:

-ifdef(some_macro).

fun()->

    foo(),

    baz().

-else.

fun()->

    foo(),

    bar(),

    baz().

-endif.

But this way it would double all the source code, since I need to use it in
almost all function, and would make it pretty unreadable.

I would appreciate any help and ideas how to implement it.

Thanks,

Yani