About Erlang system nodes

Fredrik Thulin ft@REDACTED
Fri Mar 24 10:15:48 CET 2006

On Thursday 23 March 2006 19:54, Tony Zheng wrote:
> Hi Chandru
>
> Are there any encrypted mechanisms when Mnesia replicate tables on
> different Erlang nodes? We will put Erlang nodes in different
> locations on internet, we want to know if it is secure for Mnesia to
> replicate tables on internet.

Use -proto_dist ssl, start your 'erl' with parameters like these :

erl -name foo -proto_dist inet_ssl \
	-ssl_dist_opt client_certfile /path/to/cert.comb \
	-ssl_dist_opt server_certfile /path/to/cert.comb \
	-ssl_dist_opt verify 2

cert.comb is a file containing a .pem file plus a .key-file,

  $ cat cert.comb
  Certificate:
          Version: 3 (0x2)
  -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----