Terminating application during startup

Fredrik Thulin ft@REDACTED
Wed Mar 22 15:02:22 CET 2006

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 14:22, Gunilla Arendt wrote:
> Then let your application recognize that it cannot start,
> print out an error message and call erlang:halt(N) with an
> appropriate error code N.

I thought there was a point in letting the application loading code
notice the error so that it could let other already started
applications shut down in an orderly fashion.

I would have expected especially distributed Mnesia operations to gain
by being shut down 'nicely' rather than by erlang:halt/1?

Besides these doubts of mine, thank you for sharing your advice.

/Fredrik