Erlang/OTP R10B-10 has been released

Mats Cronqvist mats.cronqvist@REDACTED
Mon Mar 20 16:58:04 CET 2006

> Bjorn Gustavsson <bjorn@REDACTED> wrote:
> 	Abstract patterns is tricky to implement efficiently as it would
> 	require inlining across module boundaries.

   personally, i would be very happy to have this implementated even if it was
quite a bit slower than records.
   then my project could (at least in principle) institute this design rule;
  DON'T USE THE PRE-PROCESSOR (unless you really have to)!

   i bet you'd find that (say) a 20% slower record field accesses would almost
always be perfectly acceptable.
   the win would of course be to get rid of all the bizarre and gratuitous uses
of the pre-processor.

   i do believe Richard A. O'Keefe was correct in writing, "There really isn't
anything that can be done with the [preprocessor] that could not be done better
without it".

   mats