The Computer Language Shootout

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Sat Mar 18 12:05:53 CET 2006

Here's a version that uses ets instead of dict.
In order to make sure the ets tables were removed
in an orderly fashion, I made a small wrapper
function.

new_hash(F) ->
    T = ets:new(hash, [set]),
    Res = F(T),
    ets:delete(T),
    Res.

main() ->
    Seq = dna_seq(),
    lists:foreach(fun(H) ->
                          new_hash(fun(T) ->
                                           printf(gen_freq(T,Seq,H))
                                   end)
                  end, [1,2]),
    lists:foreach(fun(H) -> write_count(Seq,H) end,
[<<"GGT">>,<<"GGTA">>,<<"GGTATT">>,<<"GGTATTTTAATT">>,<<"GGTATTTTAATTTAT
AGT">>]),
    halt(0).

Running time on my machine went down from
3.74 sec to 1.47. A 70% improvement (overall this time. ;)

The ratio may be different on hipe. I haven't checked.

Regards,
Ulf W