gen_tcp:recv - last segement when closed port

jmT2 johan@REDACTED
Sat Mar 11 12:18:32 CET 2006

This is how I open the socket:

     gen_tcp:connect(IP, Port, [list, {packet,0}, {active, false}]).

And this is how I access the socket:

     gen_tcp:recv(Socket, 0, 20000)  %(high timeout since I'm running over
mobile links)

I'm reading from a web server that replies with HTTP/1.0 and thus closes
the TCP connection once the page is delivered. The page is delivered in
five TCP packets:

638 bytes  header info
1400 bytes body
1400 bytes body
1270 bytes body
1199 bytes body

My read-parse loop reads the stream by calling gen_tcp:recv/3 and gets the
following:

head--- 638

body--- 1024
body--- 376   (aah the first 1400)

body--- 1024
body--- 376  (aah the second 1400)

body--- 1024
body--- 246 (aah the third 1270)

body--- 1024  - ok this is why I say the usual 1024
body closed  - ops where did the remaining 175 bytes go?

My guess is that the port is closed while I'm parsing the last 1024 bytes
and that the 175 bytes are left in buffer. Is there any way to retreive
this?

I Klackes example he requested a specific length but I'm only asking for
any length.

   Johan