optimization of list comprehensions

Mats Cronqvist mats.cronqvist@REDACTED
Fri Mar 10 14:41:55 CET 2006

Bengt Kleberg wrote:
> On 2006-03-10 13:34, Mats Cronqvist wrote:
> ...deleted
>
>>   but that depends entirely of what you mean by "perfectly fine". it's
>> not like recursive functions are being obsoleted. it might even be
>> faster to execute.
>>   in this particular case, your opinion and my opinion are the same.
>> but they are just opinions, not laws of nature.
>

> it is possible to introduce sufficient amounts of relativism into
> (every?) discusion as to render it meaningless.

   yes, that didn't come out very well did it :>
   alas, a certain amount of relativism is perhaps unavoidable?
   consider the code below. i think foo/0 is a completely unacceptable eyesore,
whilst bla/1 is merely annoying.
   i know for a fact that some people think foo/0 is perfectly fine erlang. so
how would you propose i argue they're wrong?

   mats

-export([foo/0,bla/1]).

-define(FOO,"FOO".
foo()-> FOO = ?FOO "FOO".