optimization of list comprehensions

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Thu Mar 9 15:45:01 CET 2006

In the face of Mats's convincing evidence and my
own inability to calculate percentages, I must concede
the point, at least as regards AXD 301 & derivatives.

One should perhaps note that, at least for programmers
reared in the AXD 301 environment, funs were initially
slow and had a tendency to break during upgrade. Also,
using list comprehensions would be about twice as slow
as hand-coded iterator functions.

These problems have long since been fixed, but
perceptions have a tendency to linger, especially in
a conservative setting, like doing maintenance on a
"5-nines" system.

Regards,
Ulf W