early warning - new rdbms

Ulf Wiger (AL/EAB) ulf.wiger@REDACTED
Sat Mar 4 16:46:23 CET 2006

Eranga Udesh wrote:

> No New RDBMS yet?

I finally got around to checking in the new code
in CVS (jungerl).

I messed it up on the first attempt, but
hopefully, all is ok now. It's not visible through
the web interface yet. Let me know if it doesn't
work.

Remember that you have to use the mnesia patches AND
recompile all the other mnesia modules as well (using
the mnesia.hrl in rdbms)!!!!

I've added a {unique,bool()} attribute on my indexes,
and there's a test suite to "verify" that it works.
I've also added test suites to check that the indexing
works not just for adds, but for update and delete as
well. I still need to check fragmented indexes, and
perform a slew of robustness tests.

I'm going to be pretty busy with other things for a
while, but I welcome any feedback from the rest of
you, including help with the documentation. (:

There are also some issues with the make files in
jungerl. It didn't build automatically when I did
'make' at the top level. I haven't even tried to
investigate. Any help with the make files would
be most appreciated. The rdbms.app should be built
automatically, but isn't today (you _can_ build it
with 'builder', though.)

I'll answer questions and fix bugs as fast as I can.

Regards,
Ulf W