early warning - new rdbms

ke han ke.han@REDACTED
Sat Mar 4 05:53:48 CET 2006

On Mar 3, 2006, at 10:15 PM, Ulf Wiger ((AL/EAB)) wrote:

> to rdbms might help those who store large
> strings in mnesia and want to use 64-bit erlang
> (how large a community is that, I wonder?)
>
> /Ulf W

I am developing traditional user-centric enterprise apps with web
UI.  In my current app, about 80% of the db attributes are strings.
My next app I'm starting on very soon will have similar characteristics.
The issues of string size in erlang is a serious looming issue for
me.  I'm going to have to figure out something pretty soon.
I keep deferring the issue hoping someone will publish an easy to use
utf-8 string library ;-)  any ideas?
ke han