behavior of io:format() in spawn'ed process

Serge Aleynikov <>
Thu Jun 29 16:44:43 CEST 2006

As a continuation of this question - is it possible to redirect that I/O
to a remote C node?

$ erl -sname t

$ erl_call -sname  -a 'io format [user, "abc\n", []]'

The result of this call is displayed in the shell on   Is there
a way using EI to get that output captured by the C program on host2?