Strings (was: Re: are Mnesia tables immutable?)

Thomas Lindgren <>
Tue Jun 27 10:09:12 CEST 2006

--- "Richard A. O'Keefe" <> wrote:

> Ah, Unicode.
> I've struggled to provide Unicode support in one
> language and
> written a draft library proposal for another.
> It's quite frighteningly hard. /.../

Assuming one would want to implement a character
datatype for Erlang, do you think Unicode is the way
to go? Or something else (e.g., settle for UTF-8)? Or
some sort of framework a la Common Lisp? Or wait and
see a bit longer?

(Bang-per-buck vs done right is a decision too, I

Do You Yahoo!?