are Mnesia tables immutable?

Raimo Niskanen raimo@REDACTED
Wed Jun 21 08:45:16 CEST 2006

You can consider to use binaries for holding strings. They are
designed to hold 8-bit (or 16-bit (or any-bit-divisible by 8)) data,
random access. Care must be taken when creating them, though;
not to build them as lists - concatenating binaries builds a
new one and the old will become garbage. Lots of copying and
lots of garbage collect.