are Mnesia tables immutable?

Yariv Sadan yarivvv@REDACTED
Tue Jun 20 00:51:51 CEST 2006

Yes, I should have realized that... I'm still new to Erlang and
functional programming so the concept of immutable data structures
still needs to settle fully in my brain. I have been writing some
parsing code and have been quite paranoid about making horribly
inefficient use of lists.

It did occur to me that it would be useful to have a API for
efficiently handling large strings. It would have similar function
signatures to regular strings, but the implementation would involve
less copying. Does such an API exist?

Regards,
Yariv