Language Bindings for Erlang Again (Opinion)

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Thu Jun 8 23:23:10 CEST 2006

* Yariv Sadan <yarivvv@REDACTED> [2006-06-08 15:09:22 -0400]:

> Does Zeus run in user space or kernel space?
>
> It's not suprising that a C server (esp one than runs in kernel space)
> can outperform an Erlang server on static content, but what about
> dynamic content?

In user space, from what I know. The server take care of using
interesting kernel feature such as sendfile, described in this thread:
http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200311/msg00145.html

I have been told that dynamic content is also very fast (but slower
obviously). It depend what kind of generation tool for page you plug
behind.

--
Mickaël Rémond