[e-lang] [Fwd: Re: Proposal: E / Erlang integration]

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Fri Jun 9 08:09:14 CEST 2006

Den 2006-06-09 06:35:37 skrev David Hopwood
<david.nospam.hopwood@REDACTED>:

> If the intent is to delay any messages until we get out of the waiting
> state, then
> the following would work (but would be inefficient, as discussed in the
> earlier
> thread at
> <http://www.erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200507/msg00301.html>):
>          bind waiting {
>               match [verb, args] { E.send(pots, verb, args) }
>           }

I don't know E, but does this mean that you resend the message to yourself?

So what if the unexpected message is e.g. (on_hook), but the subscriber
simply flashed the hook? Then you might get a rapid (on_hook) - (off_hook)
sequence. Resending (on_hook), then (off_hook) might work, and result in
the same sequence, but what if it doesn't play out that way? Perhaps the
contents of the queue were (on_hook) - (switch_reply) - (off_hook). Now,
you resend (on_hook), then find an expected message, and continue
normally. But now the queue looks like: (off_hook) - (on_hook), which is
not what the subscriber intended.

Regards,
Ulf W
--