dets improvements?

Yariv Sadan yarivvv@REDACTED
Fri Jun 9 04:16:16 CEST 2006

Hi list,

I hope I'm not bringing it up too many times but I figured I'll give
one last shot trying to get an answer... Is the OTP team planning on
making the dets improvements discussed in this thread?
http://erlang.org/ml-archive/erlang-questions/200606/msg00161.html.

(To quote Claes: "Should also be done - now.")

I ask because I think it's important to at least have some indication
this will be resolved at some point before seriously promoting Erlang
to the "general public" (I guess some people would prefer keeping
Erlang as little known "secret weapon" but that's a whole other debate
:) )  Otherwise, I can see people's reaction: "Erlang looks very
interesting but I can't afford to keep all my data in RAM and Mnesia's
disc storage isn't up to par with MySQL/Postgres/Oracle, so I think
I'll stick with PHP/Java."

I confess that I also have a more selfish reason and that is I need to
decide whether to use Erlang or Ruby for a hobby project and since *I*
can't afford gigs of RAM (hosted server) and I don't want to risk
broken dets tables taking hours to rebuild, I may have to go with
Ruby.

Best regards,
Yariv