Language Bindings for Erlang Again (Opinion)

Gerd Flaig gefla@REDACTED
Thu Jun 8 00:57:20 CEST 2006

Thomas Lindgren <thomasl_erlang@REDACTED> writes:

>> As an employer, it's near-impossible to find a person to maintain
>> or support my new Erlang project in any State, much less my County.
>
> This is what I consider a real Erlang problem: it is
> fairly obscure. I'd furthermore expect things are
> worse in the US. (Some consider that a competitive
> advantage, of course. Not I.)

as often as I hear that argument, I still don't understand it. Anyone
you would want to hire for software development can pick up Erlang in
a few days and OTP in four to eight weeks.

> I'd like to see some good books on "modern erlang/otp"
> for example.

Yes, something like Practical Common Lisp, only for Erlang.

       Goodbyte, Gerd.
--
The last thing one knows in constructing a work is what to put first.
                -- Blaise Pascal