[ANN] Erlang Golfer wins the second prize at Eurobot '06

Corrado Santoro csanto@REDACTED
Wed Jun 7 23:07:15 CEST 2006

Dear Erlangers,

maybe some of you remember that, at the latest Erlang User Conference, I
announced the intention of building an Erlang-enabled robot to
participate to the next EUROBOT contest (see
http://www.eurobot.dees.unict.it/eu/index.php).

The contest is now over: our team got the second prize in the Italian
Campionship, and the 37th position (on 50) in the International
Campionship. Not too bad, if we consider that we are not robot builders
and that we had a *huge* number of problems (five motors burned,
encoders broken, power supply problems, to cite few of them).

In any case, we had a lot of fun and we will surely repeat such an
experience next year in France.

If you are interested, you may take a look at our web site

http://pciso.diit.unict.it/~eurobot

Here you may find information, photos and newspaper articles (even if
they are in Italian). And don't forget to see our trailer at

http://www.catanialife.it/eurobot/

So far... Is Erlang good to program robots?? We learned many things from
this experience and we plan to give a (tentative) answer to this
question at the next Erlang User Conference.

All the best,
--Corrado

Eng. Corrado Santoro, Ph.D.

University of Catania - Engineering Faculty
Department of Computer Science and
Telecommunications Engineering
Viale A. Doria, 6 - 95125 CATANIA (ITALY)

Tel: +39 095 7382380
      +39 095 7387035
      +39 095 7382365
      +39 095 7382364