Language Bindings for Erlang Again (Opinion)

Claes Wikstrom <>
Wed Jun 7 21:02:02 CEST 2006

Yariv Sadan wrote:
> I seriously think Erlang could become quite popular if
> - it had a solid web development framework that made common tasks easy
> for PHP/Ruby/JSP developers who are "making the switch." (The bar
> keeps getting higher, btw -- check out

The time is more than ripe to build that now. Yaws + Mnesia
+ records + possibly some additional description "little language"
would make an excellent starting point.

Quite a bit of work though, (guesstimate: 3 hackers x 3 months)
to get a first acceptable version in the air. It also requires
lots of good documentation and packaging.

Should be done - now.

Actually, I think one could make a good living from this, build it,
write a book, and sell consultancy on the toolkit only.

> - Mnesia disc-only storage engine, dets, had the improvements
> described here

Should also be done - now.

Not by me though, I'm - well, fully occupied - to say the least.

Claes Wikstrom                        -- Caps lock is nowhere and                  -- everything is under control
cellphone: +46 70 2097763