Mnesia question

Christian S chsu79@REDACTED
Wed Jun 7 10:07:33 CEST 2006

My conclusion is that this is just a case of more-than-one-way-to-do-it.

By the way, indexing would be a lot more useful if one could use them
to speed up queries on multiple keys. Ex. for a database storing forum
threads:
{thread, Site, Forum, ThreadId}

And you want to find ThreadIds for Site="erlang.org", Forum="mnesia".

Today one has to create a key or indexed field that stores {Site, Forum}
in a tuple. This makes the records a bit uglier.

All in all though, this is just a wart. Not a showstopper.