Language Bindings for Erlang Again (Opinion)

Richard A. O'Keefe <>
Wed Jun 7 06:13:47 CEST 2006

Jeff Crane <> wrote:
	I suggest you do any manner of search for Erlang,
	binding, language, interface and then get back to me
	with what page J-interface comes up on.

If I am looking for an interface between language X and language Y,
and I have language X installed on my system, I go looking in the
documentation for language X before looking on the Web.
So I did.

cd /users/local/src/otp*		Where I keep my current Erlang
find . -name "*interface*" -print	Some manner of search for "interface"

Lo and behold!  jinterface popped out right away.

Something which is right there in the documentation cannot honestly
be said to be hard to find.

If you insist on a Web search, "erlang/java interface" led me to
which led directly to
which is, um, a dead link.
But it _did_ suggest visiting
and typing JInterface in the search box, which led straight to
and various messages about JInterface.

Took about five minutes to get there.