Language Bindings for Erlang Again (Opinion)

Yariv Sadan yarivvv@REDACTED
Tue Jun 6 19:31:25 CEST 2006

> > I'm pretty sure that the ASP and Erlang don't
> > qualify as solutions in the same
> > problem domain.
>
> Sure they do. They are both turing complete languages.
> Erlang is not the best choice, in solving one of the
> most common "simple" problems.

Yaws actually lets you do ASP-ish things in very few LOC
(http://yaws.hyber.org/simple.yaws):

<h1> Yesssssss </h1>
<erl>
out(Arg) -> {html, "<h2> Hello again </h2>"}.
</erl>

> PyErlang is not useable. It's a lot like looking up
> Extraterrestrial Babies in Google and pointing "There,
> see! All you had to do was type it in Google to see it
> exists." I am being serious when I am talking about
> the problems or Erlang needing bindings.

I looked at the PyErlang source code and it looks pretty simple. I bet
you could make it usable after a couple of days' worth of hacking :)

My 2c

Yariv