Non-free documentation in the Erlang distribution

Francois-Denis Gonthier neumann@REDACTED
Mon Jun 5 15:12:39 CEST 2006

On Monday 05 June 2006 05:12, Roger Price wrote:
> However, this
>    document itself may not be modified in any way, such as by removing
>    the copyright notice or references to the Internet Society or other
>    Internet organizations, except as needed for the purpose of
>    developing Internet standards in which case the procedures for
>    copyrights defined in the Internet Standards process must be
>    followed, or as required to translate it into languages other than
>    English.

The bug that was posted explicitely mention IETF RFC because of that part.
I'm not the one making policies in Debian, but it seems that this part makes
the IETF RFCs "not-free-enough" for Debian.

That's why I'm asking if that file can be removed from the distribution,

See 199810 [1] for the discussion on the subject, if anyone cares.

F-D