Language Bindings for Erlang Again

Yariv Sadan yarivvv@REDACTED
Sun Jun 4 18:03:23 CEST 2006

> An Erlang on Rails sounds great, but it's a really huge work. It could
> be lighter to provide an internet library with usefully functions like
> :
> - users and password management,
> - Paypal (or others) secure management,
> - (x)html files management,
> - news management,
> - page edition,
> - language management etc…

I agree that it's a huge work, but it could be done in stages. I think
that at the very least, this framework should provide easy integration
between Mnesia (or other databases) and Yaws and have a set of "best
practices" baked in so that one could build traditional CRUD
applications with good design patterns very easily (as with ROR, one
should be able to set up a basic site in a matter of minutes).
I also think there should also be a module system allowing third party
extensions to easily plug in to the framework to support the list of
features you described.

By the way, last April, the Ruby on Rails mailing list had 8020
postings compared to 338 for Erlang-questions (most of which aren't
concerned with web development). This shows how popular such a
framework could be among developers.

Best
Yariv