Unexpected behavior in Linux

jaiswal.vikash@REDACTED jaiswal.vikash@REDACTED
Fri Jun 2 09:00:22 CEST 2006

Hello ,

     I have developed a graphical application using erlang . But it's
behavior is different in Solaris and Linux systems .

     The application works as :
     When a window (  W1 ) is resized it in turn should generate an
error message window (  W2 ) on crossing certain threshold values for
height and width .
     The event for resizing has been captured by { gs, W1,configure,_,_
} .

     Behavior on resizing the window W1 :
          1) ON SOLARIS ->
                                     i ) Only one error message window
is coming ( as expected ) .
                                     ii ) The error message window W2
comes up only when the left click button of the mouse is let free .

          2) ON LINUX      ->
                                      i) Numerous error message windows
are coming up .
                                     ii ) The error message window W2
starts coming up from the moment the left click button of the mouse is
pressed ( unlike as in
                                         SOLARIS where  W2  comes up
only after the   left click button of the mouse is let free ) .

     Could you please suggest me why the behaviors are different when
I'm using the same piece of code for both ?
     Also is there any way I can prevent the numerous error message
windows ( W2 s ) in case of Linux ?

     Note : Erlang  used  :  otp_src_R9C-2
               Solaris          :  5.8
               Linux            :  2.6.9-5