compiling erlang src sans' java

Matthew McDonnell matt@REDACTED
Fri Jul 21 10:08:00 CEST 2006

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006, Only OpenSource wrote:

> Is there a way to compile the smallest core set of erlang without java ?
>
> autoconf itself fails on FreeBSD 6.1 if Java/JDK is not present.
> However, this may be a FreeBSD port specific issue.

I think in this case it is probably a FreeBSD issue, had the same problem
myself.  If you look at /usr/ports/lang/erlang/Makefile you will see a few
blocks of the form ".if !defined(WITHOUT_JAVA) " (or X11, ODBC etc)
	From memory I managed to compile the port without java by setting
the WITHOUT_JAVA environment variable eg setenv WITHOUT_JAVA true

Cheers,
	Matt

Matt McDonnell
Email: matt@REDACTED