[Off-topic] Re: Best windows installer?

Andrew Lentvorski bsder@REDACTED
Thu Jul 6 21:56:16 CEST 2006

Bengt Kleberg wrote:
> on unix i am quite comfortable with a source/compile installation.
> whereas on a mac i am only use the normal pre-compiled drag-and-drop
> installation. otherwise i forgoe the software.

Actually, I have the Mac/OS X attitude about software even for Windows
and Linux nowadays.

If you ask for my root/administrator password, I dump your software.  I
expect to unpack/mount an archive and run.

A package must run in user space to allow me to check it out, if it does
not, I do not install it.

Obviously, there are exceptions (insert rant about Apple packaging their
own software, grrrr ....), but I am making fewer and fewer of them.

-a