Problem with smtp_client-1.1

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Wed Jul 5 08:21:02 CEST 2006

On 2006-07-05 06:20, shehan wrote:
> Hi all,
> After sending email , I used smtp_fsm:close(Pid) in my erlang appplication.
> Then following error occured.

According to the example in smtp_fsm.erl this is not an error, but the
expected behaviour/result of smtp_fsm:close(Pid).

 > So therefore my application crashed.So how to
> avoid or handle that error to stop crashing??

smtp_fsm:handle_event(close, ...) returns i_have_quit as the Reason (in
{stop,Reason,NewStateData}) and according to the gen_fsm manual :

''Note that for any other reason than normal or shutdown, the gen_fsm is
assumed to terminate due to an error''

so you can change i_have_quit to normal or shutdown to avoid the crash.

fyi: unless you need some of the features only available in
smtp_client-1.1 there is another smtp client (distributed with yaws)
that does not have this problem.

bengt
--
    EPO guidelines 1978: "If the contribution to the known art resides
    solely in a computer program then the subject matter is not