lightweight Erlang with package management

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Mon Jul 3 17:53:54 CEST 2006

On 7/3/06, Christophe Romain <christophe.romain@REDACTED> wrote:
> > Is there a way to identify the correct implementation to use for one's
> > current platform?
>
> the start script does that this way:

Ah, great! I didn't realize the start script was generic. Cool!

> > It would be even nicer if there was a small client
> > that would detect the running platform and if erlang is already
> > installed
>
> erlrt is not necessary installed into a directory from $PATH
> this would be possible only for system installation with standard path
> for the erl script.

true, but it may be useful enough to check that
* erl isn't on the path
* there is no erlang related process running (erl.exe, beam, epmd)

regards,
Vlad