early warning - new rdbms

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Thu Jan 26 22:19:09 CET 2006

Den 2006-01-26 08:46:45 skrev Sanjaya Vitharana <sanjaya@REDACTED>:

> Not a DB expert but below what I think :)
>
>> - I'd like to break compatibility with the old
>>   rdbms in some respects. Is this a problem for
>>   anyone? (speak now or forever hold your peace)
>
> OK. But better if we have easy way to tranform the old dbs in to new db
> format without effecting to the runtime systems.

That's actually not so difficult. I have changed how
some of the metadata is represented. This is not
so difficult to handle.

I will also remove some functions that I think were
a bad idea to begin with, and I will also change
the 'NULL' value to 'undefined', even though I
don't particularly like the idea (Erlang should have
proper NULLs).

>> - Do you have any suggestions or feature requests?
>
> Way to handle huge tables with minimum Memory
> (Performance in the 1st Place & 2nd theMemory requerement).

I think a berkeley_db table type might fit the
bill here.

/Uffe
--
Ulf Wiger