apache and yaws

bryan rasmussen rasmussen.bryan@REDACTED
Thu Jan 26 10:57:08 CET 2006

I agree that making it all in erlang would be preferable. That said
what other things are big in the apache space?

For me their xml tools are quite useful, especially Cocoon, Cocoon is
a hell of a good xml based framework.

http://cocoon.apache.org/

The main thing that makes cocoon powerful is pipelines.
(reasonable online powerpoint slide http://www.pankaj-k.net/uc2/sld008.htm)

Basically this is another of one those 'java is nondynamic so we will
use an xml based dsl' approaches, one writes up a pipeline definition
in an xml document that is used to match xml inputs to
transformations, validations etc. and define output serialization  -
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/04/23/cocoon-magazine.html

actually it seems to me that erlang would blow cocoon out of the water on this.