Running an application from the (unix) command line

Vlad Dumitrescu XX (LN/EAB) vlad.xx.dumitrescu@REDACTED
Tue Jan 24 11:04:23 CET 2006

 Hi,

> 1. How do I get rid of the "text junk output" written on standard out
in the beginning of a run? Like:
 > =PROGRESS REPORT==== 24-Jan-2006::09:07:13 ===
 >           supervisor: {local,sasl_safe_sup}
  >             started: [{pid,<0.32.0>},
   >                      {name,alarm_handler},
    >                     {mfa,{alarm_handler,start_link,[]}},
     >                    {restart_type,permanent},
      >                   {shutdown,2000},
       >                  {child_type,worker}]

 > (I don't get this with the Windows )

Could it be that the Solaris version uses a different boot script,
possibly sasl.boot instead of the simple (and otherwise default)
start.boot?

regards,
Vlad