announcement - erlsom, support for XML Schema

Willem de Jong w.a.de.jong@REDACTED
Mon Jan 23 20:46:01 CET 2006

Hi all,

I sent out an announcement to the mailing list yesterday, but it never
appeared in my mailbox. I have the feeling that it may be stuck
somewhere. If not, sorry to bother you again.

In any case, I have one thing to add to yesterdays mail: I found out
how to create a 'release' on sourceforge. The source code and some
documentation can easily be downloaded now. Just go to
http://www.sourceforge.org/projects/erlsom and click on the 'download'
button.

Regards
Willem

---------------
Hi,

I have uploaded a first version of 'erlsom' to sourceforge.

Erlsom is a set of functions that allow you to use XSDs in Erlang. I
posted a short introduction about 2 weeks ago.

The current release should probably be called an alfa or beta release.
It is not ready to be used in an operational telecommunication system
or anything like that, but it is far enough to be of some interest.
Should the very first attempt to use it fail, please don't give up
immediately...  In any case I would welcome your comments.

I have been struggling a bit with sourceforge. I am not sure whether
the current setup allows you to download the files easily. Worst case
you may have to browse the CVS and download the files one by one. If
anybody can tell me what I have been doing wrong, I'd appreciate it.

The files are in a separate project called erlsom, it should be easy to find.

Regards,
Willlem