Installing the .boot file.

Danie Schutte danie@REDACTED
Sat Jan 21 15:43:52 CET 2006

Since you are going the OTP route :)

I would suggest stick to known directory structures as suggested in the
documentation and some leading experts :)

The basic structure we use looks as follows

project
	bin
	lib
		patch
		app
			ebin
			src
			include
	releases
		x.y
	misc

in misc we keep our startup scripts
and the app is started from within the project directory - using paths
relative to that.

example:
troy.sh

erl +A 255 -name troy@REDACTED -boot releases/1.0/troy -config
releases/1.0/sys -mnesia dir '"/troy/db_data/troy"'

This way everything is "neatly" placed in the right spot - which is easier and
cleaner to maintain later on.