Uptick: A a new trading platform

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Thu Jan 19 20:53:59 CET 2006

Folks,

I'm restarting my Uptick project as a data and execution server on
top of Erlang.

http://groups.google.com/group/uptick/browse_thread/thread/
b485c20292f2008f

Please feel free to join the group to contribute advice and comments!

Trading systems are essentially processes that respond to quote
messages. They must always be up and running. Market data and
execution feeds are your basic protocol handlers and of course Mnesia
is the data server, shared by all trading systems.

I believe that Erlang is ideally positioned to run and monitor
trading systems and scale up to trade as many markets as needed. I'm
planning to create a front-end with AJAX on top of Yaws and use the
canvas HTML component for drawing stock charts.

The trading platform will be open source and I plan to make money on
support, custom development and extra products built around the
Uptick core.

What do you think?

	Thanks, Joel

--