Structuring an application

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Fri Jan 13 16:38:52 CET 2006

Folks,

I have an app that launches hundreds of poker bots against a poker
server.

Each bot needs to have a different user name and password. These can
be obtained by asking a "name server".

Each bot launches two socket readers, processes that loop reading
packets in passive mode. The reason I do it this way is because
packet length is given to me in little-endian order and is the length
of the whole packet including the length itself.

I would like to fail the poker bot when either of the two socket
readers fail. I would also like to monitor the poker bot to update
the failed counter when the bot fails. When all bots fail or exit
cleanly then the supervisor should exit.

How can I achieve this with standard OTP tools? I thought I could use
a supervisor but there's no restart policy to let a child fail while
others continue.

	Thanks, Joel

--
http://wagerlabs.com/