trapexit.org hacked and shutdown

Mickael Remond mickael.remond@REDACTED
Sat Jan 7 13:16:16 CET 2006

Hello Torbjörn,

* Torbjörn Törnkvist <tobbe@REDACTED> [2006-01-07 11:23:50 +0100]:

> Hi all,
>
> Just want to inform you that the trapexit.org forums has been hacked.
> I have therefore shutdown that part of the site.
>
> I'm not sure how popular the forums was (perhaps I should
> analyse the logs...). I know there was some 70 registered users,
> which indicates a low interest (or a low user base... ;-)
>
> I've been running trapexit.org for almost a year now (uptime
> is 313 days) and I wonder how useful it has been for people.
> Should trapexit.org continue to live, or should I shut it down
> completely ?

I think Trapexit was very usefull. There is a lot of interesting
tutorials on it.
The erlmerge is also very interesting so I think it would be a pity to
stop the project.

> Anyway, I don't think I will have the time to run it alone. So if it
> is going to continue to live I will need help from a couple of
> volunteers. I got some ideas on how to improve the site but
> I don't have the time to do it alone.

We are also very busy but maybe we can find a way to make our efforts
converge. Running such a site is time consuming and the burden surely
have to be shared.

I do not know yet how we could go further together, but let's think
about it together :-)

--
Mickaël Rémond