Logging to one process from thousands: How does it work?

David Hopwood david.nospam.hopwood@REDACTED
Wed Jan 4 22:39:13 CET 2006

Rick Pettit wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 01:21:32PM +0000, Joel Reymont wrote:
>
>>To add to my list of questions...
>>
>>Are there any limits on the size of the receive queue in Erlang?
>
> I entered your exact question into google and the first link that popped up
> was the Erlang FAQ--try reading that.
>
> You might even want to skip to the following section:
>
>   10.8.3. What limits does Erlang have?
>
> There you will find a link to even more information, and so on.

Neither the FAQ, nor the "Efficiency Guide" that it links to, actually answers
Joel's question. The lack of any explicit statement about a receive queue limit
might be inferred to mean that there is no limit other than heap sizes, but I
wouldn't be sure of that without looking at the implementation.

--
David Hopwood <david.nospam.hopwood@REDACTED>