Fwd: Re: Debian Bug #328031, Erlang 10.b.9 compile bug on Debian GNU/Linux SPARC

Francois-Denis Gonthier neumann@REDACTED
Mon Jan 2 01:05:46 CET 2006

Some more informations.  Sorry if I seem to be spamming the newsgroup, but
this is basically the only thing I can do to advance on this issue.

Subject: Re: Debian Bug #328031, Erlang 10.b.9 compile bug on Debian GNU/Linux
SPARC
Date: Saturday 31 December 2005 14:41
From: Jurij Smakov <jurij@REDACTED>
To: Francois-Denis Gonthier <neumann@REDACTED>
Cc: 328031@REDACTED

On Fri, 30 Dec 2005, Francois-Denis Gonthier wrote:
> tags 328031 + pending
> thanks
>
> Hello all
>
> this patch has been sent to me through Debian Bug Tracking system by Jurij
> Smakov.

Hi Francois-Denis,

I've done some additional investigation and it appears that the initial
version of my patch might not be the proper fix. The deal is that buildds
are operating in 32-bit mode (this is required to ensure that the
resulting binaries run both on 32- and 64-bit hardware), so uname -m will
actually return 'sparc' and not 'sparc64'. So it will require further work
to figure out the right fix, since even with my current patch erlang is
still likely to fail on buildds.

I'll try to look at it within the next few days.

Best regards,

Jurij Smakov                                        jurij@REDACTED